ISSN 2519-8521; e-ISSN 2520-2588
Prof. Dr. Giysettin Baydaş, Advisor to the President of Altinbas University, Turkey.
Scopus ID: 7003893005
Researcher ID: V-3132-2017
Deputy Chief Editor:
- Regulatory Mechanisms in Biosystems
Contacts: +905323125201 – firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Number Of Citations:
Web of Science-All Databases : 2.139, h-Index: 26
Google Scholar :3.236 h-Index: 34
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Agca, C.A., Tykhomyrov AA., Baydas G., and Nedzvetsky VS. Effects of a Propolis Extract on the Viability of and Levels of Cytoskeletal and Regulatory Proteins in Rat Brain Astrocytes: an In Vitro Study. Neurophysiology, 49, (4), 2017. 261-271
- Tartik, M; Darendelioglu, E; Aykutoglu, G; Baydas, G. Turkish propolis supresses MCF-7 cell death induced by homocysteine. Bıomedıcıne & Pharmacotherapy. 82. 2016. 704-712
- Nedzvetskii V.S. Pryshchepa I.V. Tykhomyrov A.A. and Baydas G. Inhibition of Reactive Gliosis in the Retina of Rats with Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetes under the Action of Hydrated С60 Fullerene. Neurophysiology, Vol. 48, No.2, 2016. 130-140
- Darendelioglu, Ekrem; Aykutoglu, Gurkan; Tartik, Musa, Baydas, G. Turkish propolis protects human endothelial cells in vitro from homocysteine-induced apoptosis. Acta Hıstochemıca. 118(4). 2016. 369-376
- Dag, E; Dag, ZO; Baydas, G; Tuzcu, M; ; Mungen, B; Bal, R. Effects of Lamotrigine and Topiramate on Brain Maturation and Cognitive Functions in Offspring of Pregnant Rats - Preliminary Study. Advances In Clınıcal And Experımental Medıcıne. 23 (5). 2014. 691-698
- Etem, EO; Bal, R ; Akagac, AE; Kuloglu, T; Tuzcu, M; Andrievsky, GV; Buran, I; Nedzvetsky, VS; Baydas, G . The effects of hydrated C(60) fullerene on gene expression profile of TRPM2 and TRPM7 in hyperhomocysteinemic mice. Journal Of Receptors And Sıgnal Transductıon. 34 (4). 2014. 317-324
- Bal, R; Turk, G; Tuzcu, M; Yilmaz, O; Kuloglu, T; Baydas, G;Naziroglu, M; Yener, Z; Etem, E; Tuzcu, Z. Effects of the neonicotinoid insecticide, clothianidin, on the reproductive organ system in adult male rats. Drug And Chemıcal Toxıcology. 36 (4). 2013. 421-429
- Koz S.T., Etem E.O., Baydas G., Yuce H., Ozercan H.I., Kuloglu T., Koz S., Etem A., Demir N. Demir N. Effects of resveratrol on blood homocysteine level, on homocysteine induced oxidative stress, apoptosis and cognitive dysfunctions in rats, Brain Research 1484 , 29-38, 2012.
- Bal R., Naziroǧlu M., Türk G., Yilmaz O., Kuloǧlu T., Etem E., Baydas G. Insecticide imidacloprid induces morphological and DNA damage through oxidative toxicity on the reproductive organs of developing male rats, Cell Biochemistry and Function 30 (6), 492-499, 2012.
- Koz S.T., Baydas G., Koz S., Demir N., Nedzvetsky V.S. Gingko biloba extract inhibits oxidative stress and ameliorates impaired glial fibrillary acidic protein expression, but can not improve spatial learning in offspring from hyperhomocysteinemic rat dams, Phytotherapy Research 26 (7), 949-955, 2012.
- Bal R., Türk G., Yilmaz O., Etem E., Kuloǧlu T., Baydaş G., Naziroǧlu M. Effects of clothianidin exposure on sperm quality, testicular apoptosis and fatty acid composition in developing male rats, Cell Biology and Toxicology 28 (3), 187-200, 2012.
- Nedzvetskii V.S., Kirichenko S.V., Baydas G., Nerush O.P. Effects of melatonin on memory and learning deficits induced by exposure to thinner, Neurophysiology 44 (1), 42-48, 2012.
- Cambay Z., Baydas G., Tuzcu M., Bal R. Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) flower improves learning and memory performances impaired by diabetes mellitus in rats, Acta Physiologica Hungarica 98 (4), 409-420, 2011.
- Bal R., Türk G., Tuzcu M., Yilmaz O., Ozercan I., Kuloglu T., Gür S., Tykhomyrov A.A., Andrievsky G.V., Baydas G., Naziroglu M. Protective effects of nanostructures of hydrated C60 fullerene on reproductive function in streptozotocin-diabetic male rats, Toxicology 282 (3), 69-81, 2011.
- Granted patents
- Research monographs, chapters in collective volumes and any translations thereof
· Giyasettin BAYDAŞ. Effects of Vitamin E on the Brain in Diabetes. Chapter 42. P. 487-493. The Encyclopedia of Vitamin E. Edited by V.R. Preedy and R.R. Watson: Oxford Press-2007.· Giyasettin BAYDAŞ. Alpha-Tocopherol in infants and Relationship with the Mother. Chapter 46. P. 487-493. The Encyclopedia of Vitamin E. Edited by V.R. Preedy and R.R. Watson: Oxford Press-2007.
- Giyasettin BAYDAŞ. Protective Effects of Melatonin against Hyperhomocysteinemia. Chapter XXI. Melatonin From Molecule to the therapy. Edited by S.R. Pandi-Perumal and Daniel P. Cardinali: Nova Biomedical Books, New York-2007
In total G. Baydas has authored/coauthored 3 books and 11 textbooks
- Invited presentations to peer-reviewed, internationally established conferences (some presentations):
- VII International Congress Ukrainian Society Neuroscience, 7-11 June, 2017, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Second International Conference “Actual problems of fundamental science” – APFS’2017, 1-5 June, 2017, Lutsk, Ukraine;
- The 4-th Internatıonal Scıentıfıc Conference Current Problems Of Bıochemıstry And Cell Bıology. 5-6 Оctober, 2017 Dnipro, Ukraine;
- VI Congress of the Ukrainian Society for Neuroscience, Kyiv, June 4-8, 2014;
- The 1-3d International Scientific Conference “Current problems of biochemistry and cell biology”, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine, 2008, 2013, 2015;
- NATO Advanced research Workshop “Environmental and food security and safety in Southeast Europe and Ukraine” Dnipropetrovsk. Ukraine, 16-19 May, 2011;
- 11-th Pan Arab Conference on Diabetes. 28-31 March 2007, Cario, EGYPT.
- 6-th Conference on Homocysteine Metabolism World Congress on Hyperhomocysteinemia Saarbruecken/Germany June 5-9, 2007
- 10-th Pan Arab Conference on Diabetes. 28-31 March, 2006, Cario, EGYPT.
- 7-th A-IMBN Conference on “Genomics and Health in the 21st Century”.PO-3.02. November 22-26, 2004, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 8-th Pan Arab Conference on Diabetes. 23-26 March, 2004, Cario, EGYPT.
- 23-rd Joint Meeting of the British Endocrine Societies. 2004, P65, Brighton, UK.
In total G. Baydas has participated in more than 45 international congresses and conferences for last 12 years
- Research expeditions
2001-2002, 2012, 2013: Dept. Biophysics & Biochemistry, Dnipropetrovsk National University. Ukraine
2001-2002: Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy. Ukraine
- Organisation of International conferences
- Examples of participation in industrial innovation
- Prizes and Awards
- Fundingreceived so far
2012 – Grant of the FUBAP (TF.11.67) government of Turkey.
2010 – Grant of the FUBAP (1811) government of Turkey.
2008 – Grant of the FUBAP (1235) government of Turkey.
2006 – Grant of the FUBAP (1148) government of Turkey.
Number of Projects: 13
- Supervising, mentoring activities
7 PhD and 5 M.Sc. students were defended with G. Baydas supervision since 2005.
- Positions held
- Since 2019 - Advisor to the President of Altinbas University: 2019-
- 2016-2019: Member of Council of Higher Education of Turkey
- 2008-2016: Rector of Bingol University, Bingol, Turkey
- 2005-2008: Chief of Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
- Since 2001: Professor of Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Turkey.
- 1995 – 2001: Associated Professor of Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Turkey.
- 1992 – 1995: Assistant Professor of Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Turkey.
- 1985 – 1992: Assistant Professor of Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Turkey.
- S: 1985, Department of Biology, Firat University, Turkey
- S: 1988, Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Turkey
- D: 1991, Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Turkey
- Personal information
Day of birth: 7 April 1959, Bingol, Turkey.
- Contact information
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Giyasettin BAYDAŞ Advisor to the President of Altinbas University, Mahmutbey Mahallesi, Dilmenler Caddesi Mahmutbey Yerleşkesi No:26, 34218 Bağcılar/İstanbul, Turkye.